Sunday, February 7, 2016

Beringer Smooth Red Blend 2012

Name: Beringer Smooth Red Blend 2012 
Variety: Red Blend
Year: 2012
Country: California
Price: $15
Wine Critic Review: "A blend of Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Petite Sirah. Without a doubt, very smooth and uniquely balanced. Not too dry but not too sweet. Has a foundation of raspberry and blackberry that lingers in the finish. A slight hint at vanilla and some spice when it touches your tongue." -The Vintage Cellar

My review: I did not like this Red Blend wine.  The color was dark red, burgundy.  I could smell the alcohol distinctly while swirling my glass.  The initial taste was hard to find words to describe.  After a second sip, I tasted oak and an almost earthy taste.  

I did not consume this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment