Thursday, January 28, 2016

La Lejania Sauvignon Blanc 2015

Thursday, January 28th, 2016

Today, was the first wine tasting of the semester at the Vintage Cellar in Blacksburg  I arrived in the late afternoon after classes and although there was a line, I had a great experience and even left with an on-sale bottle that we tried (Purple Paw's Cabernet Sauvignon)!

Name: La Lejania
Variety: Sauvignon Blanc
Year: 2015
Country: Chile
Region: Central Valley, Chile
Price: $10
Wine Critic Review:  "A light, refreshing, balanced sparkling wine with fruit flavors and aromas of citrus, pear and peaches, followed by a nuance of spice.  Enjoy this sparkling wine as an aperitif, or with salads and spicy dishes, especially those using citrus fruit. For dessert this wine pairs well with fresh berries or a fruit tart." -Vintage Cellar
My review: This wine had a floral smell.  It was a light wine with hints of peach and citrus flavors.  I also could pull out the taste of grapefruit.  I would not mind drinking this one again maybe with a piece of apple pie. It was a little too sweet for me to purchase, but with the right food pairings I think it would be good to try again.

This wine was not consumed with food.




No comments:

Post a Comment