Thursday, January 28, 2016

Purple Paws Zinfandel 2012



Name: Purple Paws
Variety: Zinfadel
Year: 2012
Country: California
Region: Central Valley, California
Price: $15
Wine Critic Review: "It smells like ripe boysenberries and cherries, and tastes generous and broad without being too full bodied. It finishes with more fruit notes and those who love a little spice and smooth tannins will be happy."                    -Vintage Cellar
My review: 
This wine also had a lighter purple/red color. The fruit flavors were a little stronger and spicier.  I could taste some hints of earthy flavors.  I could smell and taste a little bit more of the alcohol in this wine compared to the other wines at the tasting.  I did not like the spicy finish and preferred the Cabernet Sauvignon to this Zinfandel.  This wine was a favorite for my roommates, but I did not enjoy this wine that much and did not want to try anymore than what was given to me at the tasting.



This wine was not consumed with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment